Dr. Genese Ann Warr-Leeper
School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Western University, Ontario
Dr. Genese Warr-Leeper was founding member of OAFCCD and over 25 years she wrote many articles for parents and many were published in the OAFCCD Newsletter or on the Website. Dr. Warr-Leeper was very concerned that language disorders were misunderstood.
The articles in this section were developed for teachers and parents over 15 years ago. They include some valuable tips for and and helpful suggestions for supporting students with language disorders.
Dr. Warr-Leeper passed away in 2019.
Tips for Oral Language:
- General Suggestions for Improving Use of Language in the School-Age Child
- Natural Language Intervention Techniques
- Dovetailing Language and Reading Instruction
Tips for Vocabulary and Word Retrieval:
Tips for Conversation and Social Communication:
- Improving Use of Conversational Rules
- Improving Organization and Completeness
- Real World Ideas for Social Skill Facilitation
Tips for Memory:
Tips for Writing:
For additional information about how to help students with language disorders check the website, Raising Awareness of Developmental Language Disorders.