What is OAFCCD?
The Ontario Association for Families of Children with Communication Disorders (OAFCCD) is a network of parents, caregivers and professionals including Speech Language Pathologists. OAFCCD works with families and individuals to provide support and ensure children and youth have access to effective speech services and language services. OAFCCD guiding principles include:
All children will have access to a continuum of speech and language services to support their successful participation at home, in school and in the community.
Ontario Association for Families of Children with Communication Disorders (OAFCCD) works with families and community partners to ensure children have access to effective speech and language services.
OAFCCD Board of Directors
Deb Almost, Co-President
Susan Strachan, Co-President
Our goals are to:
- Increase public awareness regarding the need and benefits of services
- Provide support and information to families
- Support families to advocate for the speech and language services their child needs
- Work with community partners to enhance speech and language services
- Advocate with government and provincial organizations for adequate public funding of speech and language services
- Maintain an effective volunteer structure and viable organization
Our association may be of assistance to you if:
- Your child requires speech and language services
- You have been affected by service delays or cuts at your hospital or school
- You wish to network with other families for support
- You need more information about your child’s communication difficulties
- You are looking for information about available community resources and services in your area