Dr. Genese Ann Warr-Leeper
School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Western University, Ontario
Dr. Genese Warr-Leeper was founding member of OAFCCD and over 25 years she wrote many articles for parents and many were published in the OAFCCD Newsletter or on the Website. Dr. Warr-Leeper was very concerned that language disorders were misunderstood.
The articles in this section were developed for teachers and parents over 15 years ago. They include some valuable tips for and and helpful suggestions for supporting students with language disorders.
Dr. Warr-Leeper passed away in 2019.
- Improving Use of Conversational Rules
- General Suggestions For Improving Memory and Comprehension
- General Suggestions for Improving Use of Language in the School-Age Child
- Natural Language Intervention Techniques
- General Suggestions for Vocabulary Development and Development of Meaning
- Vocabularly Development at School
- Vocabulary Development at Home
- Cues for Word Retrieval
- Improving Organization and Completeness
- Real World Ideas for Social Skill Facilitation
- Dovetailing Language and Reading Instruction
- General Suggestions for Improving Writing
For additional information about how to help students with language disorders check the website, Raising Awareness of Developmental Language Disorders.